The PhD-project is focusing on energy neutral and zero-carbon buildings. A basic knowledge of building information modelling and building energy simulation modeling is essential. Independence and initiative, reliability in team work and good communication skills are similarly valuable. Finally, a suitable knowledge of spoken and written English and Dutch or French are required.
The position is open for applicants holding a Master of Science in Engineering (or equivalent): Architecture, Civil Engineering, Energy, Mechanical Engineering or Electrical Engineering with a strong interest and some experience in the field of energy in buildings. Knowledge and experience in the following fields will be relevant:
● The context of the European Energy in Buildings legislation (EPBD)
● Building Information Modeling
● Building energy simulation, especially MODELICA (to model buildings, equipment and control)
● Design and operation of Buildings
● Fault detection and diagnostics
● Object-oriented programming, software development tools
Please indicate clearly, what your experience and knowledge in the mentioned fields is and why you are interested and motivated to acquire
expertise in the other fields.
This project can start immediately. In your motivation letter, you should clearly state when you could start. You can apply while currently being a MSc-student, but you have to have obtained your MSc degree before the date of appointment.
- The successful applicant will receive a full-time scholarship for four years to do research to obtain the PhD-degree in Civil
- You will collaborate with other exciting scientific projects on BIM and building energy simulation. The project will be carried out in the Building Physics Section at the KU Leuven and at the Belgian Building Research Institute
- You will receive training from the Arenberg Doctoral School at University of Leuven, one of the top European Universities, providing an excellent research environment. You will have access to state-of-the-art technologies, core facilities and technical support
- You will gain experience in many transferal skills and receive personalized mentoring
- You will also have the opportunity to participate in local and international conferences and thus expend your scientific network
- Funding is available but the successful candidate will be encouraged to also apply for additional fellowships
- The position is available immediately
Successful candidates are encouraged to apply online.
The application file should contain a motivation letter, detailed CV, copies of latest degree and transcripts and the names and contact details of 2 referees.
For more information please contact prof.dr.ir.-arch. Dirk Saelens, tel.: +32 16 32 13 43, mail: email@example.com
You can apply for this job no later than December 10, 2019 via the online application tool (Bij publicatie komt hier automatisch de link naar
de online sollicitatiepagina.)
KU Leuven seeks to foster an environment where all talents can flourish, regardless of gender, age, cultural background, nationality or impairments. If you have any questions relating to accessibility or support, please contact us at diversiteit.HR@kuleuven.be.